A LACK OF 'RESPECT'

From Mondays Guardian
'Publishers of romances may be used to harsh criticism, but few expect to have their homes firebombed like Martin Rynja this weekend. On Saturday his £2.5m London house was attacked after he agreed to publish a novel about the prophet Muhammad and his wife, Aisha.'
On the same day from a radio conversation with a Muslim scholar.
"Of course I deplore violence but what people need to realise is that in Islam insulting the Prophet is considered even worse than insulting your mother or father. Some people will react strongly even violently."
You only need to locate this piece of dialogue within the standard gangster movie, to understand its true intent. The mobster and his heavy converse with the nervous shopkeeper to gently persuade him of the benefits of 'cooperation.'
"Of course I'm a man of peace myself, I hate violence, but as for my mate Ron well he gets upset when people show a lack of respect, it's like you've insulted his mum, he's liable to turn nasty; if you get my drift."

Popular posts from this blog

NESRINE MALIK AND THE UNSUNG VIRTUES OF HYPOCRISY

INTERVIEW WITH TOM VAGUE

LONDON BELONGS TO ME PART ONE