JOLLY COPPERS ON PARADE


I am not sure what I feel about the ludicrous ‘pleb-gate’ or ‘gate-gate’ or ‘Toff-gate’ affair, when a government minister lost his rag with a policeman and started hurling abuse in his general direction allegedly calling him, amongst other things, a ‘pleb.’

One of the curious aspects of the affair was that everyone immediately seemed to believe the police account rather than that of the execrable Mr Mitchell, this after Hillsborough, the attempted cover up of the death of the newspaper seller Brian Tomlinson and myriad other examples of police lying. For my self I would now no longer ever automatically believe the un-corroborated account of any policeman, I rely in such circumstances on the balance of probabilities. The police are, in this country, not a militia they are civilians in uniform and whilst they ought to be accorded enough respect to be able to carry out their duties, I would be very wary of according them any other special status.  

As to my own particular prejudices and snobbery I need only take one look at Mr ‘thrasher’*Mitchell to perceive a public school jerk, a posh boy who like so many of his ilk does not possess basic courtesy and good manners. The language strikes me as all too probable. We should be grateful to him for exposing the true thinking behind this government; we are all plebs in their eyes.

 

*His public school nickname.

 

 
Having visited this page I would be grateful for your feedback, either tick one of the boxes below or make a comment via the comments button.

Popular posts from this blog

NESRINE MALIK AND THE UNSUNG VIRTUES OF HYPOCRISY

INTERVIEW WITH TOM VAGUE

LONDON BELONGS TO ME PART ONE