NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK

The Prime Minister states that there was no grand deal done with the Murdoch’s, as if anyone believed that Murdoch and Cameron had sat down together and engaged in the following conversation.

M: “Well Dave let’s get it out on the table, as the actress said to the Bishop,, you ok my BSkyeB bid and my newspapers will back you.

C: Yes Mr Murdoch Sir, I hope the minute taker got that, just so that everything now is clear.”

This is not, to quote Mr Murdoch, the way he does business. Nothing so crude or stupid would ever occur. No, nods, winks, and hints are more than adequate. “Read your speech Mr Murdoch, have to say I agree that Offcom seriously needs it wings clipping.”
“Yes Dave, and I know that Becky Brookes was very impressed by your speech on the Euro, I think she’s definitely warming to you.”

All “tiny chats,” asides and pre dinner smiles, this is how the wheels turn, no palms greased, no brown envelopes and definitely no paper trail unless someone has cocked up, which as Mr Hunt can testify, sometimes they do.

Having visited this page I would be grateful for your feedback, either tick one of the boxes below or make a comment via the comments button.

Popular posts from this blog

NESRINE MALIK AND THE UNSUNG VIRTUES OF HYPOCRISY

INTERVIEW WITH TOM VAGUE

LONDON BELONGS TO ME PART ONE