THE BRIDES BETRAYAL

NOTE: 
Someone has contacted me to say they found this shocking and in bad taste. Well I certainly hope it does shock people, this is a shocking thing I am writing about. I own that the way I have sought to convey my shock is controversial. However when I read about this case I was so angry that I felt that another angry piece of polemic was useless. I felt the only way to talk about what happened to this little girl was to deliberately set out to shock. AT



‘An eight-year-old Yemeni girl has died of internal bleeding on her wedding night after marrying a man five times her age, a social activist and two local residents said, in a case that has caused an outcry in the media and revived debate about child brides.’ Guardian 11th September 2013





The Brides Betrayal 


The Bride wore white
Upon her wedding night
Entranced the groom could barely wait
No matter that his bride had just turned eight.

Although a man of forty years
He brushed aside his young bride’s tears
A virgin bloom was as it all should be
And some resistance only right you see.

But his bride truth must be told
Before the night was old
Betrayed her wedding vows
Her body stiff and cold

Though married life had  barely just began
Even before the rising of the sun
Failing in her duty it must be sadly said,

The bride lay dead upon the wedding bed. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/09/09/bride-aged-8-dies-internal-sexual-injuries-wedding-night-_n_3892892.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Having visited this page I would be grateful for your feedback, either tick one of the boxes below or make a comment via the comments button.

Popular posts from this blog

NESRINE MALIK AND THE UNSUNG VIRTUES OF HYPOCRISY

INTERVIEW WITH TOM VAGUE

LONDON BELONGS TO ME PART ONE